September 29, 2023

A subpoena has been issued for EMS data in reference to the deadly beating of an 87-year-old Villager at a rustic membership.

The subpoena was issued this week in search of all data from The Villages Public Security Division in reference to the accidents suffered by Dean William Zook, who died July 16, greater than two weeks after he was attacked over a fender bender at Glenview Nation Membership. The subpoena would seem to point the prosecutor’s workplace is starting to construct its case in in search of justice in Zook’s loss of life.

His alleged assailant, 75-year-old Robert Moore of the Village of Polo Ridge, stays free on $30,000 bond. He’s dealing with a cost of aggravated manslaughter of an aged particular person.

The story has gained traction within the nationwide media, together with Golf Digest.

Robert Moore bought a hole-in-one at Tarpon Boil Government Golf Course.

The now-infamous picture of Moore displaying off his hole-in-one on the Tarpon Boil Government Golf Course, initially printed in, can also be being republished by nationwide information retailers. It was the hole-in-one {photograph} that surfaced in a Google search carried out by a Sumter County sheriff’s detective and proved instrumental in figuring out Moore as a suspect.

Within the wake of the assault, Zook was helicoptered to UF Well being-Shands Medical Heart in Gainesville, having suffered a “huge mind bleed” when he was punched within the jaw.

Moore, who stands 6 toes 2 inches tall and weighs 220 kilos, was apparently enraged on the night of June 28 when he walked in a foreign country membership and believed that Zook’s car had struck his black Lexus within the car parking zone. Moore allegedly started punching Zook, earlier than realizing it wasn’t his Lexus.

A name was positioned to 911 and Sumter County sheriff’s deputies discovered Zook and his spouse within the car parking zone. The Villages Public Security Division additionally responded to the scene, after Zook started slurring his phrases and stumbled. He was transported by ambulance to UF Well being-The Villages Hospital then flown to Gainesville. On the time, he was “unresponsive.” He was positioned on hospice care at Shands on July 15 and died the next day, “because of the trauma he sustained from being punched.”